There are just a few of the topics that we will discuss:
- A brief introduction to your brain. How your brain and your mind interact. How changing your mind, changes your brain. The role of neuroscience in coaching, hypnosis, and change work.
- How Jeffrey Schwartz' research, demonstrating OCD sufferers have the ability to change the actual physical structure of the mind simply by thinking about the problem in a different way, can be translated into a powerful and tested hypnotic pattern to deal with compulsions and habits.
- How your brain seeks to maintain your behaviors, all of them including the bad ones, and how to use Schwartz' theory of 'mental notes' to prevent this.
- The role of mindfulness in changing brain structure, and how to find mindful activities in any situation.
- How the mind feels compassion, how compassion activates positive brain chemistry, and how to use this to help heal childhood trauma.
- What Joseph LeDoux's work on the 'amygdala hijack' tells us about the structure of fears and phobias and how to deal with them.
- What the principle of reconsolidation tells us about changing negative memories and experiences.
- The physical location of 'identity' within the brain, how to find your client's identity, and what to do with it when you do.
- The role of mirror neurons and how to use them in your coaching work.